Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You'd Be Grouchy Too

Here are some things I think might be inside Oscar The Grouch's trashcan.

  • Soup

  • Garbage
  • The Lindbergh Baby's Body
  • Fancy Mixed Nuts

  • The Lindbergh baby, but now he's grown and just happens to work at Sesame Street. He's been there for like 30 years. It's taken him a long time to get promoted to Oscar operator, because it's a highly desired spot, and Sesame Street is union. He was the key grip for quite a while. Frequently during shooting he could be seen standing off stage mimicking Oscar's movements with his own arms.
  • Kim Jong-il

  • Stars
My God, he's full of stars!
  • A smaller Oscar The Grouch
  • Big Bird
  • Octopodes



  • A... plunger?

What could be in here?

A Dalek!
  • ICP. Not that I really think Violent J is in there, but it seems right that ICP would be huge Sesame Street fans and this would be a dream come true. Violent J: "Man, Sesame Street is off the hook! I love that shit! Big Bird all up in there. Gordon was always teaching kids and junk. They taught the shit outta some kids, dawg! They just gotta say the word and we'll drive the dark carnival all down Sesame Street and set up tents and shit."

    Shaggy 2 Dope: "After I found out all them puppets and shit wasn't real, I cried for like two weeks. I bawled my eyes out, and I ain't even playin'. After I got my shit all calmed down I wanted to do that, man. Like, I wanted to be Oscar The Grouch all teachin' kids and shit. I ain't never got to be a Fraggle or nothin', but we still helping kids in our own way. 'Cause, y'know, our music has words and shit, so like kids cold probably learn to read from it.
  • A horrible centipede spine that's wearing clown shoes


  • His own tentacle body. By the way, don't ever do a Google image search for "tentacle" without the safe search on. In fact, just never look for pictures of tentacles on the internet.


  • Elian Gonzalez
  • A bacta tank with Luke Skywalker inside


  • Maybe this guy


Oscar Fun Fact: Oscar the Grouch (the monster, not the puppet) is actually orange, not green. In Oscar's first appearances he was clearly orange, but in 1970 took on his more familiar green color. He has stated that it is the result of a vacation to Swamp Mushy Muddy. The green is primarily moss and algae. He once bathed and became orange again. He quickly returned to the swamp and restored his green hue.

Learn more: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Oscar_the_Grouch

So what's really inside Oscar's can? Much like a hermit crab, Oscar uses the can as a sort of exoskeleton. Let's peek inside
Just meat

Lastly, I stumbled upon this image while searching for pictures to use in this piece:

I wish I could say I made this picture, but alas I did not. Here's where it came from:
http://teaching.zachwhalen.net/comics/content/crab-nicholson-image-gives-form-idea

Next time: We interview the five cats and a badger that brought ALF to life!


No comments:

Post a Comment